Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Latest Book Purchase: Thrive by Arianna Huffington


Bought a new book yesterday! Thrivewritten by the president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, Arianna Huffington. I've been eyeing this book since a few months ago and now that I'm done with Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness ProjectI decided to finally grab a copy.

There are 3 main reasons why the book piqued my interest:

• It was written by one of the most successful and influential women of this age: Arianna Huffington. I'm very fascinated by successful women. I want to know more about their lives and this book is a great way to get to know Arianna Huffington.
• I'm very much into the self-help/memoir genre right now. I really loved The Happiness Project, a book under that genre, and it inspired me to look for similar books.
• I want to learn more about life, success, and work-life balance. As a fresh graduate currently having her first job, I want to find ways on how I could become successful in a healthy manner and avoid unrecommended habits.
 
But before I bought the book, I did a little research about it in order to have a better understanding of its topic. I watched a few of Arianna's TV guestings (Ellen De Generes, Wendy Williams, Katie Couric) which were all part of her book promotions campaign. I loved listening to Arianna because I agreed with most of what she said and she was able to clearly explain the subject of the book. I also read the preview available on Amazon and I really liked the Introduction. After all the mini-research, I considered myself convinced and I am now very excited to start reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment